DCI-Libya is an independent, non-governmental organization founded in 2000. It promotes children’s rights within Libya by raising awareness within civil society and governmental institutions.
- promotes a supportive legal and social environment for children locally and nationally;
- increases children’s rights awareness in government institutions and among the general population;
- monitors and documents children’s rights abuses;
- helps parents and legal guardians to provide children with a suitable home environment;
- lobbies to amend and improve existing legislation and regulations concerning children to comply with the Convention on the Rights of the Child.